Featured Post

Japanese Rice Bowls

So i recently bought a bag of Japanese rice from cold storage for $9. I was really inspired by Japanese Rice Bowls and also i wanted to make sushi. I failed terribly at making sushi so i didn't take any pictures of that but i believe practice makes perfect! I am just abit puzzled as to why 1/4 cup Arborio Rice is enough 1 person but 1/4 cup of Japanese Rice is so little in terms of portion? I had to use 1 cup of Japanese Rice to fill the bowl to at least 3/4 filled? Why?

As you can see, I used ingredients that are readily available in supermarkets such as baby corns, cherry tomatoes, eggs, mushrooms and carrots. I also added seafood such as prawns and scallops. I also tried to make chicken cooked in teriyaki sauce and also cooked some of the vegetables and scallops in balsamic vinegar just because i like to it to be slightly sour. I think you can use any kind of sauce that you prefer. For the toppings, i use nori tamago furikake. I am not sure whether Fairprice has these, but i gotten mine from cold storage. Have fun making your own Japanese inspired rice bowls at home. :)




Comments