Featured Post

REVIEW: Good Char Kway Teow hawker food in Singapore: Ang Mo Kio Fried Kway Teow and Lai Heng Fried Kway Teow

This specific hawker establishment garnered high rankings on www.singaporebestfood.com in 2017, affirming my choice to dine here. Additionally, it was featured on several prominent food bloggers' lists as a must-visit for Char Kway Teow enthusiasts. It's a refreshing change to savor hawker delicacies instead of opting for café fare. Singapore boasts a plethora of delicious and affordable hawker delights.

Anticipating my enjoyment, especially since I prefer my Hokkien mee to be moist, akin to this one which, though slightly more lubricated, maintains a non-clumpy texture with a visible oil coating. I particularly appreciate the generous inclusion of pork lard and cockles on this plate, leaving me thoroughly satisfied. Surely, I'll be dreaming about this indulgence later. 😄

Address: Ang Mo Kio Central Food Centre Blk 724 Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 Singapore 560724, 
Opening Hours: 11am - 7pm daily


Afterward, I ventured to Lai Heng Fried Kway Teow located within Shunfu Mart Food Centre, conveniently accessible on foot from Marymount Circle Line MRT station. While the dish lacked the robust flavor of others, it still offered a decent taste. This could be attributed to their use of vegetable oil instead of pork lard. The plate was served promptly, although I suspect it might have been pre-cooked. 😒

Address: Shunfu Mart, 320 Shunfu Road #02-20 Singapore 570320
Opening Hours: Tues - Sunday 11am to 8pm
Closed Monday


Comments