Featured Post

REVIEW: Good Cafes in Johor Bahru: The Replacement Lodge & Kitchen cafe at Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Exploring JB cafe scene has always been at the back of my mind. So glad I am able to fulfill this before 2016! JB has always been about going to City Square for me and I am not sure when this cafe scene here started booming! There are so many cafes here but I only have the stomach to explore 3 of them. Will be writing them separately. 

Thank you to whoever made this simple map! The cafes are basically around the Jalan Dhoby Area. You exit from the McDonalds at City Square Mall and cross the canal and make your way there. It is around 15 to 20 minutes on foot. 


This is my 3rd stop for the day actually. 

The replacement lodge and kitchen cafe
Address: 33 & 34 Jalan Dhoby
80000 Johor Bahru, Johor
Malaysia
Opening Hours: 10.00am to 7.00pm (Mon-Fri)
9.00am to 10.00pm (Sat)
10.00am to 7.00pm (Sun)

The sign is not very prominent but look out for this shop-house with its all white exterior. That's my friend waiting for me while I snap this picture. 




The interior is quite spacious! They have this huge communal table and other small tables scattered throughout. Their cafe interior is quite well-organised and is so modern and chic with walls and simple decorations which makes it super instagrammable.

Menu 


Saw many people taking pictures with the kinfolk magazine. Grab two of these and snap a #flatlay picture with my rose flavored latte. The aroma of rose is not overpowering while retaining the fragrant coffee taste. Latte art is on point here as well. :)


Here's my Friendly egg benedict. Not very friendly though!! There's an abundance of Hollandaise sauce here which is good but the buttery spinach has such a bitter aftertaste. So off-putting. Suggestion to remove that. :( Fluffy english muffin is not really fluffy after all as all the sauces, egg, spinach and salmon has made it really soggy. There was a choice to customize the toppings though. Smoked salmon/beef pastrami or sauteed portobello mushroom.

Smoked salmon was thick and good though. :) Not sure if i would order this next time.

My friend ordered the croque madame here which was so much better than mine. :X Anything cheesy is nice to me. haha.


A shot of me with the famous cafe! So many people have posted a selfie of themselves sitting here on this chair. So it is mandatory I have a picture here. :X

Comments