Featured Post

Day 1 of 7 in Tokyo, Japan (Shibuya - Harajuku - Shinjuku - Shin-okubo)

Decided to blog my itinerary for Tokyo. 
Planned a 7 days 6 nights trip to Tokyo again after the previous Tokyo trip last year December. JAL only allow check in 3 hours before departure so I had to wait as i was there 4 hours early. wtf. Had to sit around and wait. Chill for awhile at Starbucks. 




Decided to try Japan Airlines(JAL) this time. Flew SQ last time. The airlines was good. Good service as they provided us with blankets at the gate while waiting to board the plane.  

Abit Suaku but didn't know now in flight can charge our phones. lol.

Supper provided by JAL and soup stock tokyo! It was yummy! :)

After a long 7 hours flight, I finally reached Tokyo!! Look at the clear blue sky! So beautiful!


It's very convenient to travel from the airport to wherever you want to go as the train station is right at the terminal. It shouldn't be hard to spot it at the arrival gate. Took the keikyu line to shinagawa then switch to JR line to get to Shibuya. It is totally not a hassle at all!

Reached my hotel early but couldn't check in yet so I left my luggage with them and asked them to bring it up to my room for me. They obliged with my request. All hotels should do this as after a long tiring day people do not want to lug their luggage by themselves up to their rooms. This is a very good service. :) Also free wifi although their wifi signal not very strong. >.> Oh they also gave my free coupons to use for breakfast but of course I did not utilize it as I would rather eat outside.  

So after check in, its already lunch time! wtf i had planned to have breakfast there so my plan was sidetracked abit. Nevermind! I passed by Ichiran on my way to harajuku. Super yummy bowl of tonkotsu based ramen! Initially wanted to have this for supper as this outlet operates 24 hours but meh.

Went into Lumine Man. For guys that are into Japanese Fashion, this is a must visit. It a 3 storey building. Not really into Japanese styles as they are more like street style but I am more casual berms and tees kind of guy. Street style to me is more like Malaysia ah beng style but of course Japanese are more atas than that. :X

 And then i spotted a shop that sells this!! Always wanted a fjallraven kanken bag!!! Total price is SLIGHTLY cheaper than singapore. So I bought it even though it's still expensive. wtf. YOLO! Ditched my ugly crumpler bag after today.

I was so tired after all the walking!! Idk why but maybe it's because of the long flight and I did not get to sleep on flight so it adds to the overall tiredness. My feet is also killing me!! Remind myself not to wear Vans shoes next time!! Stopped by STREAMER coffee company for a cold latte as it was too hot! Summer in Japan is really on par with the crazy weather here in Singapore.


Snapped a picture of this when they did not notice. LOL. Not sure how true is this as I stayed for maybe 15 to 20  minutes only.

Went to kiddy land in Harajuku! They have pokemon in almost all of their major toy stores in Japan. Wanted to buy the famous deco latte as I read that this outlet has it but apparently not. *sad*

Walked past this ICE MONSTER as well  and there was a long queue for this!! Guess its too hot and people want to cool down. :x

 Also went to DAISO and bought quite alot of stuffs. Stopped by CALBEE PLUS as i did not get to try this last year!!




The chips were okay~ Mine was sour cream flavor. This was a limited summer flavor apparently. Sat outside somewhere in the shade to finish this before i head to Meiji shrine.


It was especially cooling after i stepped into Meiji shrine. Guess it was because it was surrounded by trees!! I like Japan shrines/temples as it was not noisy or overly crowded like Singapore. Also they do not burn incense there. It gives people a calm serene feeling and i Like it. 

Of course must pray for better grades!! Gotten 3 Bs and 1 C this time and managed to pass the paper that i failed last time. wtf

After this i headed to shinjuku to have dinner!! This one is from Fu-unji ramen. This store is quite famous in Japan as there was already a long queue when i reached there! Here'sa picture of my dipping noodles. It's also called tsukemen in Japan. Fu-unji is famous for their chicken + fish broth. The broth is really rich and thick in flavor too. Noodles were al dente and has that right amount of springiness.

Went to takashimaya times square. I think it's generally safe to skip all the major departmental stores in Japan as it's all the same and clothes are all so expensive!! But you can go to their basement level as that's the food basement! They also call it depachika. Best to go when they're about to close as they will slash the price! 

Love tokyu hands! They have everything there!! Went to quite alot of tokyu hands outlets this time and always went out with something. :)

After this i decided to go to shin okubo as that's where their little korea is located at. If you're into EXO, DBSK or SNSD and other relevant kpop stars, you must head there as they have alot of merchandise, especially for EXO. lol cray famous. They have so many kpop stores there!! Was trying hard to find BTOB but i think dont have, :X




Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6 & 7

Comments