Featured Post

REVIEW: Good Cafes in Singapore: NOM Bistro and Bakery in Macpherson Singapore

NOM Bistro and Bakery are located at Macpherson Community Club. I went on a Thursday afternoon expecting the place to be super crowded but as expected neighborhood cafes are quiet! Nowadays I am just hunting for cafes that allow me to work on my assignments but now that I have submitted my last one yesterday EXAMS is just around the corner! arghh..

Address:  Level 1, Macpherson Community Club, 400 Paya Lebar Way
Opening Hours: Daily: 11am - 10pm

Okay, enough ranting! 

It was a quiet afternoon when I arrived. They have a pretty spacious place and there are plenty of seats available. Social media is raving about their Rainbow cake! So here I am, with my durable laptop for a cup of coffee and cake! :)

They have a very colorful outlook. 


Menu! 

Lots of drink choices! Looks like people can come hang out at night too as they serve alcohol as well. 


Here's the cake! Salted caramel-flavored! If you have read some of my previous posts, I have mentioned that I love salty flavors. The cake sponge is not exactly fluffy but this is one of my favorite cakes because of the added flavored cream. The presentation of the cake is also commendable. This reminds me of the egg ben I had at Dolce Tokyo. 


My coffee and cake. It is not exactly nice looking so it's in the background. Coffee is not too bad.


What's not to love about this place! Quiet! Nice cakes! WIFI! It is awesome for students and adults who need to do work! I will pop by for lunch soon when my exam starts! 

It's been a while since I last visited NOM Bistro, but I recall their Instagram-worthy rainbow cake was quite the trend. I'm ordering their main dishes tonight.

Their Carbonara features bacon, mushrooms, garlic, cream, onsen egg, and Parmesan. I found the sauce to be perfectly balanced, not overpowering. There's a nice consistency without it pooling, and the runny onsen egg adds to the creaminess. The noodles were cooked just right, al dente.



The Clam Chowder, topped with bacon bits and served with garlic toast, was a rich and hearty delight. Packed with clams, celery, and carrots, it offers a savory flavor with a subtle sweetness from the clams. The creamy texture is complemented by the chunky ingredients. The garlic toast was wonderfully garlicky!



Comments